Hello, my friends!
If you love writing letters but don’t know what to talk about, this post is for you! Even if you don’t have a pen pal, you can use these questions as conversation starters with your friends or family. Questions are just fun, and a great way to get to know someone better. If these aren’t enough, check out my first pen pal questions post here.
Okay, enjoy this huge variety of questions with some happy mail inspiration along the way!
- If you had to live in another country, which one would you choose?
2. How much sleep do you usually get? Do you feel like you get more or less than you should?
3. Does your family have any traditions?
4. If you were an animal, what animal would you be? What is your “spirit animal”?
5. What website or app do you spend the most time on?
6. Do you like car rides? Can you drive/are you learning to drive/do you like driving?
7. Have you ever been unconscious before?
8. Favorite flower?
9. Do you like listening to music while studying or doing other things? If so, what kind?
10. Do you know what your reading or typing speed is?
11. What is your favorite ethnic cuisine? (Mexican, Italian, Chinese, etc.)
12. What superpower would you choose and why?
13. Favorite artist? Art style? Art period? Painting? Sculpture?
14. What is your least and least favorite day of the week?
15. Are you a saver or a spender?
16. Do you like to sing, hum, or whistle?
17. Do you prefer to plan things out and know what’s coming, or be spontaneous and let yourself be surprised?
18. What kind of humor is funniest to you? (Satire, puns, slapstick humor, etc.)
19. What’s your favorite virtue to find in other people? How about your least favorite vice?
20. Do you like water? The ocean? Swimming pools? Water parks? Rainy days? Mud puddles?
21. Do you know what your “love language” is?
22. If you could only listen to music from one decade the rest of your life, what years would you pick? (80s, 90s, etc.)
23. What would you do today if you knew tomorrow was your last day on earth?
24. Are you organized or messy?
25. What is something you like and something you dislike about yourself?
26. Do you tend to make meals from scratch, buy already prepared meals, or go out to eat?
27. What is your opinion on inside pets?
28. What is your favorite Disney prince or princess?
29. What’s an experience you’ve had or period of your life that helped you mature or grow?
30. Do you have any special mementos or objects you keep for sentimental reasons? If so, what’s the story behind them?
31. What does your name mean?
32. How many children would you want if you had a family?
33. When is your birthday?
34. What is your favorite scent?
35. Baths or showers?
36. Do you gravitate toward consistency and routine or adventure and change?
37. Are you mostly right-brained or left-brained? (Creative or logical.)
38. If you could choose (or go back and choose), would you go to public school, private school, or be homeschooled? Where would/do you want to go to college?
39. What’s the worst thing ever? Best thing ever?
40. What was your worst injury?
41. What is your testimony?
42. What was your first dream job? What is it now?
43. How do you fit or not fit into your gender stereotype? (For instance, if you’re a girl – are there any tomboyish things about you?)
44. Are you good at acting? Do you like it?
45. Favorite bird?
46. What is your favorite and least favorite part about being _____? (An adult, a teenager, the oldest, the youngest, etc.)
47. If you could freeze your life so you were a certain age forever (only including years you’ve already lived), which would you choose?
48. What was the best day of your life? The worst day?
49. Would you rather lose your sight or your hearing?
50. What’s the most well-written book you’ve ever read?
51. What’s the longest you’ve been without sleep?
52. Do you snore, sleepwalk, or talk in your sleep?
53. Are you a procrastinator?
54. What is your opinion on adoption? Would you ever adopt?
55. A few of the most important traits you’d look for in a person you’d want to marry (or already did)?
56. Do you ever reward yourself for accomplishing something? If so, how?
57. What’s your dream car?
58. Are you more of a leader or a follower?
59. Any foods or restaurants you cannot abide?
60. Do you dip cookies in milk? Graham crackers? Oreos?
61. What’s a weird food combination you enjoy?
62. If you had three wishes, what would you wish for? (You can’t wish for more wishes!)
63. Do you have perfect vision? If not, do you wear contacts or glasses?
64. Are you protective?
65. Do you like fixing things? How about making things?
66. Are you ticklish?
67. What are your parents’ names?
68. What ethnicity are you or were you ancestors?
69. What do you call your grandparents?
70. If you knew you wouldn’t die/get sick/get injured for one day, what would you do?
71. How often do you go to the dentist? Brush your teeth? Floss?
72. Do you like tattoos? Would you get one?
73. Have you ever dyed your hair? What color would you dye it?
74. Do you usually make birthday/Christmas lists, or let people surprise you?
75. Do you like driving/riding with the windows down? Do you like opening the windows in your house?
76. When you listen to music, do you sing along?
77. Who is your favorite villain/antagonist?
78. Seedless watermelon or regular?
79. What is something that helps you fall asleep?
80. Do you believe in soulmates?
81. Do you think you act differently in writing vs. in person? If so, how?
82. Do you like mushrooms? Spinach? Broccoli? Peas? Coconut?
83. What do you keep in your purse/bag/wallet/backpack?
84. Are you good at memorization?
85. Which one would you choose: power, fame, or fortune?
86. Where is your favorite place to shop?
87. When you read a book, how clearly can you picture the characters, places, or what is happening?
88. Do you think or remember in words, pictures, sounds, or emotions?
89. How was your day? What did you do?
90. What is your favorite meal, snack, or food to make?
91. How often do you get sick?
92. What is your favorite kind of chair or seat to sit on?
93. Do you usually remember your dreams? What was the best or worst dream you ever had? Any recurring dreams?
94. Would you take a bullet for anyone? If so, who?
95. Do you share a room? Would you change that if you could?
96. What is your favorite thing to drink?
97. What is a bad habit you have? A good one?
98. Do you tend to initiate conversations or wait until someone else does?
99. Have you ever moved? If so, when and where?
100. What is something you wish more people knew about you?
And that’s it, guys! Here are a couple of graphics if you’d like to pin your favorite list(s) for future reference, or print it out to check off as you go.
I hope you guys enjoyed that list and the happy mail inspiration mixed in. (If you want an easy way to take your happy mail to the next level, check out the decorated envelopes here on my Etsy shop!)
I challenge you to pick a number from 1-100 and answer that question in the comments.
Thanks so much for reading, my friends, and have a lovely day!